As recruiters, we often stress that a job interview is a two-way street: not only does a candidate need to be a good match for an organization, but the organization must be a good match for the candidate!
Interviews are a great opportunity for you as a job seeker to learn more about the company, the culture, your future roles and responsibilities, and the colleagues with whom you’ll be working. Asking the right questions will help you evaluate whether or not you feel that the job is a good match for you and will help illustrate your skills to the hiring manager.
Use the list below to get you thinking about what you’d like to ask during your interview!
About the Roles & Responsibilities
- What skills are missing on the team that this role should bring to the table?
- What projects will this role work on within the first six months?
- Do you have any concerns about the skills I can bring to the team and my ability to succeed in this role?
- What would success look like for this position within the first six to 12 months?
- What are some of the challenges this role will face in achieving that success?
About the Team
- What are the biggest challenges for the team right now?
- Will the team be growing over the next few months?
- What are the team’s strengths?
- What is the team excited about right now?
- With this recruitment, how do you want to add to your organization culture?
About Professional Development & Career Growth
- What is the onboarding process like?
- How is professional development and career growth supported?
- How do you celebrate success? How do you address failure?
- What is the performance review process like?
About the Culture
- Can you tell me more about the company’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion?
- What’s different about working here than other places you’ve worked?
- How has the company/team changed since you first joined?
- How long has everyone worked in this department?
- Does everyone work collaboratively or independently?
- What is your favorite part about working here?
- How is your department handling return-to-office post-pandemic?
- What are the expectations surrounding in-office work/flexibility to work remotely/on a flexible schedule?
Ready to find your next role? View open jobs at anothersource.com/jobs!