As we announced in June 2020, we are committed to dismantling systemic inequality in recruiting. Part of this commitment involves quarterly updates surrounding our efforts.
This month, we’re sharing questions we have reflected on as well as resources that have provided us continued education and dialogue when it comes to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in recruiting.
This quarter, we:
- Increased our investment in our partnership with CIRCA and ensured automation with posting distribution to these additional sites for ALL jobs, regardless of client specific diversity recruitment efforts requested. This complements our existing distribution to over 100 outlets with each search.
- Over Fifty Jobs
- African American Hires
- Native Jobs
- All Hispanic Jobs
- All Bilingual Jobs
- Created space on our team to learn from each other’s experiences and be willing to change our ways of thinking and how we work by sharing case studies from recent searches.
- Reflected on our own internal questions that can help create a more inclusive recruiting process. Some questions we continue to ask ourselves are:
- What is the proper way to include a candidate’s pronouns, as some candidates don’t always self-identify in the recruiting process. We would like to ensure we reference preferred pronouns without assuming how someone identifies.
- How can we better navigate conversations with hiring managers to eliminate degree qualifications so the candidate pool is not limited?
- And largely, how can we shift our conversations with hiring managers to step away from predetermined molds of who their candidate should be?
Our goal every day is to further our growth and understanding in order to be better recruitment partners for both our clients and candidates. We know that diverse teams are the strongest teams, and we will continue to educate ourselves as an organization. Additionally, we will continue to prioritize asking tough questions to allow for more productive conversations between our clients so that they may shift their thinking about their teams and efforts around recruiting. We will also create awareness and educate our partners, clients, candidates and community on diversity recruitment best practices and new initiatives.
We are always welcoming your thoughts and experiences. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly and start a conversation on our Facebook and LinkedIn Pages.