This month, we’re sharing resources that helped us make Q4 a quarter filled with education, inspiration and new ideas surrounding diversity and inclusion at work and in recruiting.
This quarter, we:
- Celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month and learned more about the contributions, culture, history and heritage of Hispanic communities.
- Recognized National Disability Employment Awareness Month and commemorated the many and varied contributions of people with disabilities to America’s workplaces and economy. The U.S. Department of Labor has created a list of resources and ideas for employers to advance disability inclusion in the workplace.
- Celebrated LGBT History Month and National Coming Out Day by reading about the power of LGBTQ representation in organizations.
- Learned more about gendered ageism in recruiting and the untapped talent of women over the age of 50.
- Spent time with Nani Vishwanath, Facilitator & Consultant with The Courage Collective, who led us in discussion surrounding the systems, structures and day-to-day practices of diverse and inclusive organizations.
- Learned from Michael Corso, founder of disABLEDperson, Inc., who answered our questions about disabilities in the workplace and the challenges that people with disabilities face when applying to and interviewing for new jobs.
- Reviewed the 2022 Diversity Calendar from Rework Work to prepare for the new year.
Our goal, each and every day, is to further our growth and understanding in order to be better recruitment partners for both our clients and candidates. We know that diverse teams are the strongest teams, and we will continue to dive deeper, learn more, and ask tough questions. We’ll also create awareness and educate our partners, clients, candidates and community on diversity recruitment best practices and new initiatives.
You can find our previous quarterly updates and other diversity recruiting resources on our website.
We welcome your thoughts and experiences. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and start a conversation.